Business security camera is an advanced way of securing your employees and business against robbery, vandalism, or shoplifting. Usually, security cameras are used to prevent intruders from breaking in. And in case that could not be prevented, then the video recorded by the camera can be used for the identification of the criminals. security camera Other areas, where business security cameras can be used successfully are drug related crimes, frauds, and small businesses.
Some professional companies use business security camera as a part of employee monitoring system. It is generally seen that this type of monitoring process, increases productivity in employees.
Wireless technology has made the installation of business security cameras very easy. Even many small business owners have also started using security camera due to easy installation. Business security cameras can be mounted on the wall, on the ceiling, or on any other desired location. After mounting the camera you only have to plug it and connect it to some video receiver.
The output of business security camera can be viewed either on a dedicated monitor or on a desktop computer. Using a desktop computer has an advantage. Desktop computer can store the video sent by the security camera. And if some criminal activity happens, the video can be used as a record. Data saved on a desktop computer can also be burnt in a CD or DVD.
Position or location where the camera is placed is one of the most important aspects of installation and providing safety. You can mount the camera on a location where it is easily visible to all those people, who are entering or leaving your premises. Or the other option can be hiding the camera, so that no one should know that you are watching them. In both the cases, it is advantageous for you and your business.
With so many security cameras available in the market, it is really difficult to decide which camera will be suitable for your needs. Some of the points are given here under, which may help you to decide the camera you should buy:
- Color or black and white: Black and white cameras are cheaper and works better in low lighting conditions. But now days, the price of colored cameras has also decreased and in fact, they work as black and white camera only in low light conditions.
- Format: Format is the size of the image processor in the camera. The size of the processor can range from ¼” to 1″ or larger. Performance of the camera is better with bigger format size. But ¼” and 1/3″ are the most common formats used for video cameras.
- Camera housing: It involves the location of the camera, where it will be used. Indoor and outdoor security cameras have different set of features.
- Camera lens: Camera lenses are sold separately from the business security camera. Lens decides the width of the image and the light required to capture the image. You can interchange lenses in different cameras. The kind of lenses are as below:
- Fixed focal length – are least expensive and used for stable light conditions.
- Variable focal length – are used for the locations where lighting conditions may vary.
- Motorized zoom lenses – allows remote operation of the camera.
A Business Security Camera itself is very effective but if used with burglar alarms or motion detectors, it can help in taking timely action to prevent the loss. Business security camera is essential for large as well as small businesses.