7. Plan how the shirts will be used. More often than not, potential buyers will call a printing firm and ask for a quote on custom printed T-shirts. We don’t discourage this kind of selection process, but then we want our clients to be more specific about what they need our products and services for. By knowing more about your need, I don’t necessarily mean that you have to study the basics of screen printing and embroidery digitization. But, you do have to make an effort to plan ahead and know what the shirts will be used for. Are they going to end up as an outdoor uniform? If so, then you definitely need to review heavy materials for your shirt. Are you ordering a custom printed jersey for your company’s basketball team? Then a less expensive and cheaper blend fabric is what you might want because this costs less. My point is that you need to determine exactly how the product will turn out and what you expect from it so we know how to advise you better on making your choice.
6. Ask and you shall find the answers comme des garcons play. Sure you need to know how much 50 shirts will cost you, but you have to do more than scratch the surface of your printing transactions. You have to find out if you’re getting what you paid for, and see if you and your printer have understood exactly all the details of your agreement. Screen printing requires a good deal of technical knowledge, time and equipment. If you feel the need to ask about the printing process and the finished product, then do so. It will reassure you that you have selected he most suitable t-shirt printing company in your preferred price range.
5. Consider your additional costs. I’m sure that you trust your custom printer, but don’t be too trusting. Find out if you’re being cheated because your printer might be hitting you with additional charges for artwork, shipping and setup. Before you say yes to the deal, you have to determine with finality whether or not these details are included in the package. If not, ask how much it will cost you.
4. Remember any additional items you might need. While I highly recommend custom t-shirts in general and screen printing in particular as a great advertising tool for your company (among the other purposes it may serve), there are also other alternatives that you might want to consider. I assume that you have already thought about using custom printed tshirts and that’s why you’re reading this article. But believe me, there’s a whole range of promotional products out there that can work well with your t-shirt. To save costs, find a company that offers printing services not just for tee shirts but for other promotional items as well. These companies usually offer great discounts for bulk orders like the one you have in mind. Or if they don’t, it is certainly much more convenient to work with just one company instead of two.
3. Order a few extra. Don’t settle for orders that are just sufficient for your purposes, because chances are you will run out of giveaway items just when you need them most. People think that ordering just enough or a little less than what they need is better than having too many useless extras on stock. They’re mistaken. More often than not, people who do this kind of short-term strategizing end up ordering an extra one or two shirts that costs them much more than, say, an extra stock of five shirts. The economies of scale have to be taken into consideration, because otherwise you’ll be paying so much more for too few items.
2. Know your deadline for the product. A lot of customers err by placing their orders too late, which only means that the cost for a rush job is that much more expensive. Worse, they find out that no printing company will take their order because it’s impossible to have the product ready by their schedule. So if I were you, I’d place my order early enough for comfort. This way, you’re assured to receive a quality product at the most affordable price.
1. Don’t be afraid to use the Internet. By using the Internet, you get to see all the best products and deals across the country. It doesn’t matter where you are, your screen printer may be from your neighbourhood or from another state or province altogether and work quality will be just as fine. It might even work to your advantage because you can canvass and choose only the best from a wider geographic region. The Internet helped the printing company, so it will certainly help you.